- Juniors Grading - click here for Team Lists UPDATED 30/3/15
- CORRECTION: Save the Date: 2nd May 2015 - Juniors 5/6 HWA Grading Carnival - click here for details
- Order an Entertainment Book and support the club - click here
- Kitchen Supervisors needed for season - click here for details
- 2015 Junior Grading Day newsletter - click here
- Masters Men training times - click here
- 2015 Junior Welcome newsletter - click here
- 2015 Easter Hockey Camp - click here for details
- Online Registration for the 2015 season is now open - click here
- Womens 2015 Preseason Information - click here for details
- Masters Men - Eligible players for 2015 please read
If you need information about our club or a contact point this may assist:
- For how to get to the Melville turf, click here for MAP
- For contacts for turf and club facilities and other contacts click here.
- For other clubs'/venues' addresses click here.
(see newsletters page for past President Pens)
President's Pen - 26 March 2015
Well, things are gearing up for the first game of the season with the Men's Premier 1's Team playing 3:00pm Saturday 28 March followed by the Premier 2's Team playing at 5:30PM. Both at Perth Hockey Stadium. Look forward to seeing you there.
As advertised there will be a Team Selection Presentation night Friday 27th March 7:00pm at the club. We look forward to Team Sponsors for the Women's Top Squad - Pulse Realty - and Men's Top Squad - Poolwerx - being represented. This was a great night last year with some fantastic interviews and lots of laughs, food and refreshments. Look forward to seeing you there.
The club has only just taken control of the club rooms and grounds back since Thursday 26th March. Our partners the Cricket Club Men did get into the finals and we congratulate them for this great achievement. Well done to all.
There is always lots happening this time of year with Junior Grading Saturday 28th, the Busy Bee on Sunday 29th, first game and most of all setting up the club to be a Melville Hockey Venue again. So the flags, trophy boards and signs are all being put out and erected again.
It is vital to our club to have volunteers. If you can volunteer please let us know through your coordinator or VP. At present we need kitchen volunteers, one more bar staff and throughout the club in several other areas. If you are in a team or group there is usually some sort of assistance required. The club never says we don't need somebody if you are willing.
Uniform Change - I understand that there may be a few concerns with the uniform change. We ask for your understanding in this matter. It is huge to organize in the most sensible way possible with as little impact on families and individuals as possible. A lot of time and effort has been put into this change so that we can have a sustainable, proud uniform for the future. Your patience and understanding will be very appreciated.
I hope you have a good week and look forward to seeing you at the club.
Gary Bowater – Melville City Hockey Club – President.