- Juniors news: Season start and upcoming carnivals - click here
- Updated game fees for 2015 - click here for details
- Kitchen open for meals every Thurs from 9th April Pizza and pasta night and next week will be a curry night - click here for details
- Womens 2015 Squad and Training Information - click here for details
- Umpiring Allocations - Senior Men UPDATED 2/4/15
- Umpiring Allocations - Senior Women UPDATED 2/4/15
- Umpiring Allocations - Masters Women UPDATED 2/4/15
- Umpiring Allocations - Masters Men UPDATED 2/4/15
- Juniors Grading - click here for Team Lists UPDATED 30/3/15
- Order an Entertainment Book and support the club - click here
- Kitchen Supervisors needed for season - click here for details
- 2015 Junior Grading Day newsletter - click here
- Masters Men training times - click here
- 2015 Junior Welcome newsletter - click here
- Online Registration for the 2015 season is now open - click here
- Masters Men - Eligible players for 2015 please read
If you need information about our club or a contact point this may assist:
- For how to get to the Melville turf, click here for MAP
- For contacts for turf and club facilities and other contacts click here.
- For other clubs'/venues' addresses click here.
(see newsletters page for past President Pens)
President's Pen - 23 April 2015
The Season for the seniors is now well under way. There has been a real slow start from the Top Men's teams with stiff competition from other clubs and still a few of our front line players out. A 3 - 0 start to the season for the men is not what we had hoped for. We do however have players returning and new players joining us. Please welcome Andy Bull from the UK who has joined us this week. There are two further players coming onboard shortly.
Our Women's Top squad had their first game last week with a 2 - 1 loss. This game was quite winnable with many penetrations into the D, but we could not seem to find the back board enough times to bring it home. Once again, early days and our team is still bedding down into first class hockey without the very dominate forward striking line we had last year. We welcome back our import players and new import players Mathilda Carmichael, Catriona Bailey-Price and Naomi Evans.
We look forward to Team Sponsors for the Women's Top Squad - Pulse Realty - and Men's Top Squad - Poolwerx - being represented throughout the season. While the Pulse Reality colours are now well known throughout the club and on the Women's Uniforms we will not see the new men's uniform until early May which will have the Poolwerx logo represented on it.
As footnote to the above the new Men's uniform will be the first look ahead at how the new club uniforms will look for next year.
The Kitchen is in full swing again on Thursday nights and other times so come on down and grab a delicious meal. At $10.00 a serve the value is fantastic. You can also meet top players and coaches as well as they join us most Thursday evenings for the meal and a quiet ale.
This Anzac Day Weekend there are plenty of games on and lots happening but please spare a thought for our returned service men and women who kept and keep our country free so we all may enjoy our freedom and the involvement with the sport we so love.
I hope you have a good week and look forward to seeing you at the club.
Gary Bowater – Melville City Hockey Club – President.