- Save the Date: 21 September 2014 - Junior Wind Up - click here for details
- Save the Date: 25 August 2014 - AGM - click here for details
- Save the Date: 31 October 2014 - Hockey WA Annual Dinner - click here for details
- Watto's 500th Game - click here for info
- Masters Mens State Team Selections - click here for details
- Umpiring and Information Sessions - click here for info
- Hookin2Hockey & Grads info updated - fixtures and first Friday Game - click here for info
- Other club/venue addresses - click here
- URGENT, Fixtures for J5/6 and J7/8 boys and girls - click here
- Latest umpiring information and resources for 2014 - click here
- Thursday night roasts commence 3 April
- Junior Umpiring notice - Junior Players and Parents please read
- Junior Umpiring notice - Senior Players please read
- We need you support, would you be able to sponsor even a small amount? click here for more info on opportunities to promote your business or cause through sponsorship at Melville....
- Womens page updated 8th Feb 4's, 5's, 6's preseason - click here for details....
- Tristan Clemons is WA Student Scientist of the Year
If you need information about our club or a contact point this may assist:
- For how to get to the Melville turf, click here for MAP
- For contacts for turf and club facilities and other contacts click here.
- For other clubs'/venues' addresses click here.
(see newsletters page for past President Pens)
28th July 2014 Newsletter
Well we are coming down the home stretch and things are getting tough. Our top Men and Women's teams respectively are holding 4th and 2nd position. So still in the running for sure and very respectable. I might add there are many other teams lining up for finals also. Time to be focused and tough. Good luck to all of our teams.
It is about now in our hockey season in all teams where injuries and other issues start to wear on individuals, that is Players, Coaches, Managers and yes even Presidents. I would like to pass on the wisdom that we are not the Lone Ranger and it is also happening in other clubs as well. This is where the real meaning of Team, Club and Fortitude to maintain the winning spirit need to stand out.
Premier 1 Men - An unexpected 2 all draw against Hale. We were a little shocked we had it put to us but did not seem to be able to get over it during the game when required at the tough times. The coaches Pete and Charlie were not happy and rightly so while mentioning staying focused and getting on with the job (during the game debrief) as a must and the emphasis on the remonstrations on the field must stop as it defocuses what we are about, team and playing for your mate and club. The back line, Dirty and Jordy and keeper Mattie were praised for holding it together, a good feature of the game which did stand out. We still need to improve when it is put to us and specially leading into finals.
Premier 1 Women - A great win by 4 -1 at the right time. Aquinas beat us away last time but the belief in never lose at home came through. An even first half start but with strong and relentless drive towards the attacking goals second half paid off with an exceptional back line and defensive game highlighted with Megs Silvey getting BOT for the game. A well deserved win and good to see our ladies continue the drive towards finals hockey.
Presentation Night - The presentation night has been booked again at the favorite location of Tompkins on The Swan. This year the event will be held Friday night 26 September 2014. So please put this in your diary. There will be more advertised over the next weeks. We are a finals club so it has been planned so our finals players, Honored Guests, Life Members and VIPS can attend and have fun out of season. Hopefully we will be celebrating some final successes as well.
AGM - The AGM has been scheduled for Monday, August 25, 6:30PM followed by the General Meeting at the club. Please get your nominations in for important Club Positions and if you wish to take up a position please let us know. Any Committee Member can assist.
Two positions which are up for nominees are: Vice President Juniors and Assistant Vice President Juniors. These very important roles do need filling at this time as planning for the new season starts in from October. Be assured that these positions will have adequate handover and guidance for the role all through the tenure.
National Masters O55s Competition - will be held at MCHC and Turf on the following days:Friday 3/10/14, Sunday 5/10/14, Tuesday 7/10/14, Wednesday 8/10/14 and finally Friday 10/10/14. If you can help out please let us know there will be 6 games per day, The Kitchen, Bar and Turf Areas need your help. If you can only get there for a game come down and watch. I also understand the ACT need some extra players so if you can assist please contact Steve McEntee on 0418945878.
Junior Wind Up - will be held at the club Sunday, 21 September, 2014. Come and celebrate with our juniors, your kids, family and friends. It is a great morning. Our Junior Committee, Coordinators, Coaches and Managers are busy working towards the end of season games and this great day. Look forward to seeing you all there.
Back to the Club Night - This has been scheduled for Sunday 24 August with back to back games at our favorite place MCHC. This will be for sure some real important games as we come down to the end of the season and finals. Look forward to seeing you there.
Team Reports - Team report submissions are still not getting in by some teams. Strangely it is some of the senior teams which are not complying. Let's try and get these in as accredited game counts are not able to be tallied without these submissions.
Entertainment Books - If you haven't picked your book up please do so if they were requested and paid for during registration. There are also some left over for over the counter sales at the bar. So if you need a book please come and get one for yourself or more so as a gift. At $65.00 this is a bargain for even some of the savings that can be made as presented.
I hope you have a good week and look forward to seeing you at the club.